Proud Jags was formed after a training day at Hampden Park in August 2017 run by LEAP Scotland and The Equality Network to engage fans with the recently published Scottish LGBT Sports Charter.
There are several things we hope will happen:
- That the match-day experience at Firhill will be free of any homophobic, biphobic or transphobic incidents.
- That more LGBT+ people will be encouraged to take up active support of Partick Thistle F.C.
- That through increasing visibility and inclusivity, fans, players and staff at our club will feel free to be open and safe about their diversity.
- To work with other LGBT+ Supporters Groups in Scotland, the U.K. and Europe to assist in promoting a diverse and inclusive backdrop to our beautiful game.
- To establish a Supporters Group membership, through the use of the “Join Us” tab provided on the webpage. In completing the membership form it allows Group members to say what they’d like the Group to be for. e.g. pre or post match drinks/ travelling to away matches/ setting up a Group structure that allows members skills to be included to facilitate the Groups goals. etc.
- To meet with club officials for a yearly review of matters that are of importance to LGBT+ supporters.
The Supporters Group is very much at the start of this journey and it is hoped that members will contribute to shared goals.
Core Values and Ground Rules for Group Members are important and in the beginning those to be strived for are those suggested in the LGBT Toolbox in the link below.
This page updated 30-11-2017